芭芭拉布什 在卫理思礼女校毕业典礼演讲受到女权抗议,因为她当年从这里退学和布什结婚, 但她说:

来源: yzout 2018-04-18 06:00:42 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2656 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ yzout ] 在 2018-04-18 06:10:43 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Image result for Barbara Bush Wellesley College

“One of the reasons I made the most important decision of my life, to marry George Bush, is because he made me laugh,” she said.  “Find the joy in life, because as Ferris Bueller said on his day off, “Life moves pretty fast; and if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you’re going to miss it.”

The crowd of 5,000 was with her from the beginning. She exhorted them to chase their careers but to never forget that “you are a human being first and those human connections — with spouses, with children, with friends — are the most important investments you will ever make.”

At the end, she tiptoed up to controversy: “And who knows? Somewhere out in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the president’s spouse …”

But when she ended with this: “ … and I wish him well,” they gave her a prolonged standing ovation as she and Gorbachev beamed.

Image result for barbara bush wellesley college  Gorbachev

所有跟帖: 

夫人已往生,是非就随风吧 -紫色海洋- 给 紫色海洋 发送悄悄话 紫色海洋 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2018 postreply 08:12:08

The talk is BS. -反者- 给 反者 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2018 postreply 08:45:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”