我写的入学申请Essay

来源: DeanNg 2012-12-22 20:57:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4642 bytes)

我当年为了学开飞机,写的入学申请Essay。原以为交了学费就能学,没想到要写篇essay,我花了半个小时随性而作,没有仔细斟酌。今天无意中突然发现,觉得当年写的很幼稚:

To me, "Faster, Higher, Stronger" is not only just the Olympic motto which everyone knows, but also my personal spiritual motivation in pursuing my own dream. "Faster, Higher, Stronger" may have been inscribed on the stone at Olympic village. For me, it has been injected into my blood to make me always try my best all the time for achieving my goals.

“Faster, Higher, Stronger", that's the reason I am determined to be a pilot. Being a pilot, I can explore the fastest way human body can be transported; Being a pilot, I can be as high as touching heaven; Being a pilot, I have the strongest vision and control to overcome all the barriers in distance, speed, and gravity.

Any 5 year old kid looks up towards the sky and dreams of being a pilot. I was one of these kinds of kids, but the difference was that I had been totally captivated as to how these giant iron birds can soar and hover at ease. With tremendous curiosity in flying, I am naturally intoxicated by technological advancements. I feel that alongside the Newtonian mechanism, telephone, quantum theory, relativity, internet and space shuttle......, aircraft is one of the most awe inspiring achievements of human beings.

Based on my strong background on Math, Physics, and Fluids Mechanics, I am also fascinated in studying and mastering the Aeronautics and Aerodynamics. I'm already one of the expert understanging the intrinsic relationships between “faster” and “higher”, between “stronger” and “more maneuverable”.

Not only preparing in knowledge and theory, I also learned and developed my ability by joining the local pilot training program. I have learned a lot of aviation knowledge, and gained experience on driving simulator B737 aircraft. I also developed my strong team work ability and leadership skills in the program as well. I also was fortunate enough to get first hand information from professional pilots about how to begin in order to become a pilot myself through multiple training programs.

With great power comes greater responsibility. The most fulfilling and satisfying feeling for my imagination is that everyone has entrusted their souls upon my bare hands to fly an airplane. From the moment determined to be a pilot, I began an extensive research on everything involving airplanes: reading articles, journals, and scientific papers, joining local pilot programs. I’ve especially built up my greater responsibility for my dream. Physically, I’ve kept on exercise on my front femur muscle to be strong enough to step on the pedal; mentally, I’ve trained myself to keep perfect vision and control to decide and operate under any circumstances. I have mental toughness to be in control at all times no matter how adverse circumstances are.

My enthusiastic attitude and reliability shine through in all extracurricular activities. I am a person who perseveres and I will work and work hard until I reach my goals. My achievements on math and physics prove that I am a courageous, enthusiastic, confident, responsible individual who always contributes a hard working and positive attitude. I've developed my strong personality with exceptional accommodating and understanding ability.

I am ready to be a pilot in knowledge, ability, responsibility and mental strength. I am ready to put in all my time and effort to carry out this demanding and responsible duty with pride. I will prove myself to be an asset for your program. All I need is the opportunity to prove, and you are the one with the best opportunity to offer. 

所有跟帖: 

跟国内中学生写的大学申请一样 -左手- 给 左手 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/22/2012 postreply 21:24:07

美国的大学申请应该怎么写?我还没有研究过,请多指教。 -DeanNg- 给 DeanNg 发送悄悄话 DeanNg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/23/2012 postreply 06:37:14

后来呢,被录取了?飞了多少小时了? -funflower- 给 funflower 发送悄悄话 funflower 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/23/2012 postreply 07:37:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”