Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Seven

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-11-12 07:53:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10738 bytes)

October 18 was our last full day in Oahu. We were thinking about making a trip to the Polynesian Culture Center but decided against it. The last day would be best spent just relaxing around the resort.

The kids went straight to the pool. While my hu*****and was on watch duty, I took a stroll around the resort.

The tower behind the palm trees is Hale Moana where we stayed.

This is spider lily, as identified by a little plate. For some reasons, my daughter was fascinated with it and pointed it out to me more than once.

This was the koi fish pond under different lights than the one taken yesterday. The colors of the lily pads came through better this time.

Our lagoon is one of 5 in Ko O'lina. Here is a map to help with orientation. Our resort was located in front of Lagoon 3. Lagoon 1 is shared by the Disney resort and JW Marriott.

I went on a stroll along the beach front towards Lagoon 1.

Our lagoon.

Lagoon 2.

Lagoon 1 where the Disney resort and JW Marriott are.

Now I was heading back.

This was the first of the three weddings we encountered on the day. These two looked like a Japanese couple.

Our resort seen from the water.

In late afternoon, after everyone was neat and dry, the whole family took a stroll on the beach front trail.

Lagoon 2 under the afternoon light.

The second wedding we had the good fortune to witness for the day.

My daughter took a moment to do a sketch of the beach.

We went all the way to the end of Lagoon 1 where we found there was a little exit with a sign "out of Ko o'lina property". We bravely walked into the uncharted territory :-). It was a perfect time to watch the sunset.

After the sunset, we started walking back to our resort. It's when we saw the third wedding of the day.

It could very well be a rehearsal.

Seeing people getting married, my son called out rather loudly "Mommy..". I had to shush him to keep him quiet, and he then whispered to me, "Mommy, can I marry you?". My hu*****and told me that our little boy had asked him earlier whether Daddy would be OK if he was to marry Mommy. Hahaha...His big sister quipped, "I don't think Mommy would want a hu*****and who eats boogers and snorts.". How I wish they would never grow up!

Then came the time we would need to decide where to have dinner. One kid wanted to go back to Roy's and the other Chuck's. We convinced them that we should try a different place, so we went to Longboards, the other restaurant on the resort. Unfortunately, there was a half hour waiting time, perhaps due to the live music and its beach front location. So we decided to go back to Chuck's.

Again we were seated outside by the pond.

My last cocktail in paradise - piña colada.

My entree - the day's special. It was a white fish. I liked the Cajun sauce and the touch of avocado.

My hu*****and's steak..

This time, none of us had room for dessert except for my daughter who again had her rainbow sherbet.

While we were about to finish, the two ladies at the neighboring table came over while leaving and praised both of the kids how well they behaved. Then just after they turned to leave, my son almost set off my heart attack when he asked in earnest loudly, "why are those two ladies so fat?". Fortunately, I didn't think they heard it! I had to explain to my 5 year old why it's not proper to say that :-).

It was our last night here. I knew we would miss it.

请在这阅读我的更多的博客文章

- The Reason Not To Get Married

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Six

- Pasta P. - Almost A Family Tradition

- 来也匆匆,去也匆匆 - 上海篇

所有跟帖: 

sf -happyhappy1- 给 happyhappy1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2012 postreply 08:26:32

beautiful sunset! -ECityBlues- 给 ECityBlues 发送悄悄话 ECityBlues 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/12/2012 postreply 08:27:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”