I did same thing some years ago.

来源: Happyyl 2012-11-01 11:02:59 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1254 bytes)
回答: 史上最坚不可摧的桥东门大侠2012-10-31 18:36:57

A low underpass bridge was loctaed on a shortcut route between my office and my home.  Normally, I will take this route since it is rarely are taken by other people.  One day I rented an U-Haul and drove toward home.  Even though I can take normal road to get home, my mind did not work right that day and I took a long route to go the route with underpass.  I was driving fast too.  Luckily, there was a height-limiting bar located about 20 ft before the underpass.  The U-Haul hit the bar first and I managed to stop my truck right before the bridge.  One chain to hang the bar was broken and the bar fell on ground.  After realized what happened, I turned around and saw a sign on the poles "if you hit this bar, do not leave, call xxx-xxx-xxxx immediately."  That was the age before cell phone.  There was no emergency phone and nobody around.  So I decided to drive home to call the police.  As soon as I got home, I got a phone call from police accusing me leaving the sene of accident. ...  It took me a long time to explain why I left there instead waiting for police.

After the experience, I had fear for a long time to drive my car into garage, under bridges, etc.

所有跟帖: 

可怜的孩子啊。落下病根了。 -季襄- 给 季襄 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2012 postreply 14:05:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!