回复:为什么耶鲁接受率(Yield)今年又下降?

来源: Yangtze430030 2011-09-01 11:54:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1454 bytes)

I don't really know but a few things may contribute to it:

1. Yale is the rare college that it very honest in recruiting top students.  Yale is not as agressive as other top colleges in marketing and recruiting top students.  Yale is consistently rated as top three and do not have the pressure to maintain as first place.  Colleges constantly drop and reinstate early action/decision is a reflection of lack of security.  Many other colleges are not very honest and do a lot of things manipulating yield and admission rate;

2. Yale is unfairly treated by media and laymen as not strong in science and technologies though it's probably partially true.  They don't understand that undergraduate education depends more on school reputation rather than that of department's.

3. Somewhat related to the first reason above, Yale recruits students of variaty of backgraound.  Some other top colleges try to recruit students of a more confined background and thus protect their yield rates.  For example, some colleges heavily recruit from their traditional feeder schools, students of lagacy, etc.  My impression is that of HYP, Yale has the lowest percentage of students from family of legacy.  I guess students of lagacy have a higher yield.  Some colleges target a specific kind of students and avoid corss admission with other top colleges and thus protect their yield rates.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”