回复:Financial Aid 的问题

来源: Yangtze430030 2011-08-10 09:19:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1402 bytes)
回答: Financial Aid 的问题东雨2011-08-09 18:21:26

1-公民 身份, 比 绿卡身份, 在同等条件下,优先考虑

What I knew is that citizens and green card holders are treated the same.  But some scholarships are only available for citizens.  National Merit Scholarship is only for citizens (I do know some green card holders got it but I am not sure if they are in citizen pending period).

2-银行存款,到底要低到多少,才可以申请到financial aid 

Bank cash does not mean much if the owners are parents rather than college kid.  Americans beleieve a family should have 3-6 months of cash reserve for emergency.  So unlesss you have millions of cash in bank, it should not matter much.  But I believe college will look at it and take it into consideration more or less.  What matters most is income (AGI).

3-Fianncial aid, scholaship, award, 可以同时拥有么

Yes and depends on different colleges.  There is a part of student contribution like work study.  Some colleges allow you to credit scholarships/awards into work study so the kid does not have to work.  If scholarships/awards exceeds the amount of work study then the financial aid will be reduced.  This is why many students do not want to apply to every scholarship available to them, especially for those kids who is going to top colleges like HYP that are wellknown for their generous fiancial aid.

所有跟帖: 

回复:回复:Financial Aid 的问题 -Yangtze430030- 给 Yangtze430030 发送悄悄话 Yangtze430030 的博客首页 (136 bytes) () 08/10/2011 postreply 09:27:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”