回复:Duke Does not Sponsor NM finalists

来源: Yangtze430030 2011-04-26 09:06:29 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1540 bytes)
回答: 西北和杜克, 那个更好点?佳苓梓2011-04-26 08:07:12

Northwestern sponsors National Merit Finalists (gives extra money to National Merit Finalists).  Duke does not sponsor National Merit Finalists (Duke does not give money to finalists) but the $2,500 National Merit Scholarship can be used for any colleges.  Not every finalist gets $2,500 National Merit Scholarship.

My opinion:

Northwestern: Ivy backup with many students come from North and Northeast due to its location.  Evanston (college location) is a nice college town.  Campus is beautiful.  Easy access to Chicago.  Chicago is also one of the financial centers.  Overall rank is lower than Duke but depending on majors some are better and some are not better than Duke.  Winter is brutal.  Financial aid is comparable between the two but Northwestern is a little more generous needless to say extra $2000 for Nationa Merit Finalists. 

Duke: It's a national university located in South.  Higher overall rank but depending on majors some are better and some are not better than Northwestern.  Campus is even prettier than Northwestern in my opinion.  Great weather with fantastic sports programs.  But it is the extra $2000 sets difference between the two so Duke has slight advantage in prestege.

If the kid grows up in places other than south, go with Duke to experience the difference.  If the kid grows up in south, I suggest going to other places other than south if everything is equal and you can not decide.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”