My daughter's response to the racy UCLA girl video

来源: laoqu 2011-03-29 22:31:18 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1706 bytes)
Here is my experience today. My daughtshe is 5 yrs old, kindergarden in a white dominant school. She makes a lot of friends at school, does feel she is much different. She does not acknowledge she is Chinese, she think her hair is little brownish blah bah. This morning I let her watch the UCLA racy girl video. She start laughing about the mimicing-Asian-tone voice. Then I ask her if she think the girl is doing a good or bad thing. She says it is bad, it makes fun of other people. Then I ask if she think she is asian, she insist she is American. Then I let her watch the related video, a response video from a Asian high school student who express angry on the original video. I asked if she think that girl is Asian. She said yes. Then I ask her why you feel you are not and she is. She went silient and thinking for a few moment. Evening, We joke about how kids growing. She says daddy will be happy if kids grow up with just one day. Then i say oops, tomorrow you got go to college, how about UCLA. What if you meet that racy girl, then she say she will respond "you are bad, silly, and you blah blah" and make some funny faces and laugh about it. I brought up this her hoping to use it as a social discussion/study, also help her understand her idenity, willingly or not she is culturally belonging to a group. I am glad she is taking a position against the racy girl, hopefully she starts to have some extend of awareness on her social idenity.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

My daughter is 5 years old, a kindergartner in a white dominant -20146- 给 20146 发送悄悄话 20146 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2011 postreply 05:55:53

我觉得你不应该给五岁的孩子讲这么严肃的话题。 -happyliveincanada- 给 happyliveincanada 发送悄悄话 (63 bytes) () 03/30/2011 postreply 06:43:53

Totally agree。 -dalla- 给 dalla 发送悄悄话 dalla 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2011 postreply 08:26:15

agree -小睿儿- 给 小睿儿 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2011 postreply 08:29:03

racy means something else -clipmom- 给 clipmom 发送悄悄话 clipmom 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/30/2011 postreply 08:07:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”