My $0.02

来源: Big_Benz 2011-01-08 07:38:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2845 bytes)
回答: 迷上了州大南门野菜2011-01-07 21:09:19

1.  Find out how many classes Scholar Program学生 are taking with the regular student.  In some 州大, only one class per quarter are special program class.  In other words, the student is taking most of the classes with the regular students.

2.  Find out the 4 year graduate rate at said 州大.  Due to more and more budget cuts, there are less classes to take so many students have to take 5 ~ 6 years to graduate.  I think the 4 year graduate rate is typically around 50%. 

3. Based on my own experiences.  ABC kids are less likely to go for 研究生.  When both my kids were in HS, they all expressed very sincere desire to get a Ph.D.  Now. none of they do.  SO, please do not assume your kid will go for graduate school.  Unless you are putting a lot of pressure for them to do so. 

4.  I would take a full ride at a high ranking 州大 over most of the other top universities.  However, I did push my DD to go to Stanford other than a near full ride at our State U.  The department of her major at State U is not very good.

5. Lastly, I don't know what grade your kid is now.  They might not want to get into the traditional Engineering or hard science majors.  For most of the 州大, those are their strong departments.  The top privates offer so many cutting edge new focus/majors which will fit the future much better.  Very few, if any, kids I know going to HYS are taking engineering or sciences major. 

所有跟帖: 

回复:My $0.02 -bluey- 给 bluey 发送悄悄话 (146 bytes) () 01/08/2011 postreply 17:05:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”