Points taken. Put this in mind though, the dominant mobs in thi

来源: Giantfan 2011-12-09 15:00:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1590 bytes)

are drug dealers.  I believe those gangs have more than just light weapons & they are ruthless to mistreat any unfortunate individual.  However, they are very careful when coming to deal with the governments.  They will try not to provoke the officials unless the governments infiltrate their territory & threaten their business.

The patrols in this case serve to secure the waterway & to protect the safety of travellers.  There is no major conflicts between two sides.  Hitherto, I don't see the reason the big bosses will risk official retaliation to attack the river patrols. 

Simply put, the patrols are more like some warning signs.  They don't face hostile guerilla like in Iraq but some Mafia groups that tend to avoid confrontation with governments.  I would say that the patrols are safe as long as they don't bump into the drug deal transporters. 

Your point is still valid though.  Safety of the troops is the primary concern.  They need better protection regardless of the risks on their job.  I hope that the improved patrol boat can be put in service sooner.                 

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”