Nice analysis. I don't know much about the Faklands War

来源: Giantfan 2011-12-08 07:56:19 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1732 bytes)

or the Argentinian Army to be honest with you.  Thanks for enlightening me :).  A secured supply line is indeed the key to the final success of a battle.  I would guess that the Argentinian generals identified the British weakest link but they didn't have the capacity to strike it.  Again, it is just my assumption (Argentinian soccer team won world cups so their strategists should not be too bad :)).

GB was backed by the West while Argentina was bascially on their own.  I think that alone put Argentina in a very difficult position.  The feud between Argentina and its neighbors only made matter worst (another assumption here).  The newly formed South American coalition/organization (don't know the exact name) might solve this issue for Argentina today. 

The outcome of a war is hard to predict because of the factor of uncertainty.  No matter how weak an army is, it has the potential to come out to be the final winner.  Therefore, I agree that the Fakland islands is up for grab if Argentina launches the second Fakland War, though the chance is slim.

HongKong situation was different from the Fakland crisis.  China had the largest land army & HongKong island is adjacent to the mainland.  The British did not want to engage in any land battle in Asia (too far away).  They only needed to travel across Atlantic Ocean to reach Fakland Island & their allies were everywhere in that region.

Thanks for your compliments.  Like you, I am just an enthusiastic reader & like to learn from the others.     

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”