丰田camry owners, try this, very helpful

来源: lovecorn 2010-02-26 12:45:10 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2541 bytes)
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/RunawayToyotas/toyota-acceleration-problems-new-evidence-imprisoned-minnesota-toyota-camry-owner/comments?type=story&id=9903455

"If you sense the car is accelerating, just press the pedal all the way down (quick and once), and release it. It will release the wire and decelerate the car. Pull over immediately and turn of the engine, and call for help. I also found that the engine accelerates more when you switch to N from D."

from one its comments:
========================================
We (my wife and I) have a Camry of the same year. It first happened when my wife was driving alone to Pitt*****urg. She was horrified and told me that the breaks didn't work. Well I drove the car and didn't find anything. Then one day, I was driving in the city (Philly) and car started accelerating without me stepping the pedal. I pulled over immediately and switched to N from D, and the car was screaming crazy. I took the car to Firestone in Philly, many times. First time they change the temperature controller, claiming that the car was not aware of its engine temperature so accelarating to heat it!!! almost 500 box! No cure for our problems. Finally they told me to drove the car and brought it back when it had the problem. Me driving in Philly traffic at 4pm with an accelerating car? I did manage. All firestone mechanic stuff was witing for me. After a long examination and discussion, we figured out that it was the cruise control. Simply, there is a metal wire that connects the pedal to the gas. It passes through the cruise control box, where is moves with a metal peice. This metal piece is free when you drive, and moves with the wire as you pull the wire by pressing the pedal. However, it fixes at the pulled position when you turn on the cruise to keep the acceleration constant. In our case, it was stuck in the pulled position and keep pulling even I wasn't pressing the pedal. We lubricate the metal piece and the car was okay for couple months. It started again, so I did open the box (very simple) and lubricate it and it is okay for now. So this is a very serious problem and if you are not aware of it, you may loose the control of acceleration within couple minutes. If you sense the car is accelerating, just press the pedal all the way down (quick and once), and release it. It will release the wire and decelerate the car. Pull over immediately and turn of the engine, and call for help. I also found that the engine accelerates more when you switch to N from D.

所有跟帖: 

车疯时,踩油门到底,这不是典型的以毒攻毒么。。 -lovecorn- 给 lovecorn 发送悄悄话 lovecorn 的博客首页 (22 bytes) () 02/26/2010 postreply 12:55:04

D档换N档,发动机跑得更欢。又学了。谢谢。 -8年驾龄- 给 8年驾龄 发送悄悄话 8年驾龄 的博客首页 (86 bytes) () 02/26/2010 postreply 13:27:31

发动机应该跑得更欢才对,没有了负荷了嘛。 -ultra- 给 ultra 发送悄悄话 ultra 的博客首页 (22 bytes) () 02/26/2010 postreply 14:35:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”