回复:关于National Merit Scholarship.感谢20164的答复,我还是不明白,

来源: Yangtze430030 2009-07-22 14:38:26 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1707 bytes)
Ivy—Mom:

I believe your S is a finalist and you are filling out forms for the application for National Merit Scholarships. There is a mis-understanding here and I am trying to explain. There are 3 sources of national Merit Scholarships:
1. $2500 for any colleges including Harvard, Duke;
2. Parents’ Company sponsored. It has more money but is restrictive. Most students are not eligible since their parents are not working for the companies that sponsor it;
3. Some college sponsored: I believe this is the college list you are talking about. Top Ivy schools do not sponsor but other top schools like Duke, Northwestern and some state universities do. This money is limited to those colleges.

If you do not work for the companies in the list so you do not qualify for Choice #2, are not sure what college to go (Choice #3), then you have to select Choice #1 for $2500. This $2500 is not limited to the college list you are talking about. I never been able to figure this out based on the form instruction or National Merit Scholarship Corp. website (It might be berried deep and I did not find it) but talk to National Merit Scholarship Corp. people who are in Chicago. In other word, you have to:

1. Choose $2500 scholarship;
2. List any colleges.

If you got the $2500 scholarship, which I believe about 2,000-2,500 students out of 15,000 (a few thousands more of Choice #2 and #3), then there will be a form for change of colleges in the packet and the instruction. You can also download the form from website. You can change as many time as you need to and I believe the deadline is in May, which is after your May 1st final decision on college.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”