回复:如果你是我,你会怎么做?

来源: princessonthepea 2009-03-27 22:31:22 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2740 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ princessonthepea ] 在 2009-03-29 11:19:28 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Take it easy. I think your son should be O.K.. Maybe you are too demanding. Is this math question required by school or your extra home assignment? As my experience, when my daughter was in K, and private K, they learned math starting from ground zero. I mean, from numbers, counting, shapes, colors...until at the end of school, they only did additions within 10. They didn't even do subtraction at all.
And for communication, most kids don't know how to describe things objectively at this age. They tell you something as if you should be able to see the scene in his head. It's hard to ask a child at k to be very logical.
For reading and comprehension, maybe he understands the story, but hasn't grasped the skill solidly to organize his language to express himself effectively. And, when you asked questions, did you make yourself very understood in a child's way? Or maybe he did give you answer, but it was not what you want to hear?
If the teacher thinks your son is normal, I think he shouldn't have serious problems.
And when you introduce an activity to your son, I think you should be patient. Even one has gift, the gift still needs to be nurtured.
We need to learn the children's way to think, then we can better communicate with them. I always thought it was so hard to introduce odd and even number to yound child, until I heard a boy told me his teacher described it in this way," Even numbers are lucky guys with partner paired up at ball, they dance together. Odd numbers are lonely ones can't find anyone to dance with." How interesting and clever! I think no one in this teacher's class wouldn't understand the difference.
Why don't show the math question to your son like cutting out 17 blank doll shapes first. Then draw 5 girls on 5 of the blank shapes. Then ask him how many boys are in there? The way would make it fun, and help with comprehension of written questions, and logical way to solve problems.
My daughter used to go to her friend's house who had a grandma teaching elementary math at China. She gave them a multiplication question they hadn't learned yet. They were in 2nd grade then. The girl simply gave up to try. But my daughter drew circles in groups, then she counted them, and got the answer. She was so proud of herself. But the grandma laughted,"That's not the way to do multiplication. That's so dumb to draw circles. This didn't count. You are not as smart as I thought! " But to me, I'm very proud of my daughter, too. For she took on the challenge, and worked it out within her ability. So being smart or dumb, really is judged by very personal preference. Maybe your son is doing just fine at school, just can't measure up to your standard.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”