回复:how was it? More details please - interested.

来源: Passerby 2009-03-04 21:29:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1542 bytes)
回答: for three weeks.Passerby2009-03-04 20:15:06
The food was the easy part for us. The parents of her talked with us a few times before, during and after her stay. The mother told us that she was a picky eater. Choice of food was very narrow, mostly bread, apple, carrots and chicken. Actually, that made our job much easier. When we had different kind of food, home-cooking or dinning out, Chinese or Western, she always politely tasted it first, then went back to her bread. Later, we found that she also liked pizza and pizza-flavored Hotpocket. Oh, also the Chinese potstickers.

She was well-mannered and considerate. No trouble at all. We tried to keep her entertained and take her out as much as we could. This was the hard part. Although it's only three weeks, after a while, it became exhausting. After all, she was on vacation and we still have full-time jobs to manage.

I wish my daughter and her could get along better. She was 15 and my daughter was 13. (I was wrong about her age earlier.) Not only the difference in their age, also their personalities were day and night. While she was very quiet, my daughter was super active. When we took them out, what their interests were often the opposite. Since she was our guest, we often prioritized her choice. That made my daughter less happy. She was into fashion and celebrities, which were too adult-ish to my daughter. She loved shopping, and was broke the 1st week. Also, her English was not very good, and my daughter's French was poorer. That also made it harder for them to get along.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”