Washing hands frequently is the most important

来源: changeByDay2 2009-05-27 12:23:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (3326 bytes)
Of course those habits are personal choices. It also depends on the situation. Not all the bathrooms in U.S. are as spotless as your own bedroom at home, and bathrooms in China, some top line hotels in the 80's, have the luxurary of decoration and clearning services better than lots of department strores batchrooms I visited in the U.S.

You choose to be careless, that is your freedom. But as I told my son, other people are not going to the hospital or get the stomach ache for your bad hygiene habits. I generally would not trust the bathroom floor, even if I saw babies crawl on it. That is why the bathrooms have hooks. I had put my heavy school bags on the bathroom floor. It is because the bag was heavy and the hook on the door was broken and I didn't want someone to steal my bag from outside where I was in there doing my thing. (There was some incidences reported in my school that people acturally took other's bags while the person is inside the bathroom).

At school, everyone puts their bags on the floor, students sit on the floor all the time. It doesn't mean those floor are clean. It may be as dirty as the bathroom floor, or even dirtier. How do you know someone just stepped into a dog poo outside, or some kids just have an acidence right there at a moment before? I think adults put bags on the floor simply because they knows the floor is NOT clean, but bags should belonging to the floor and therefore, is not clean as well. For the same reason, those bags belong to the floor at your own home and not the dinner tables. But I would prefer to put my personal purse on a chair or a hook when I am outside my home!!!

At the same time, hands can be the dirties things if you don't keep washing them. You never want to know where kids' hands had been. And remember, it is not just poo or pee that is dirty. Germs, virus, and toxic are more harmful. U.S. is less populated than China, that is why people can afford to be a lot careless. But it doesn't mean the bathroom is clean enough for you to eat. Don't be fooled by the appearance, or other's ignorance. Do you stay in the bathroom to make sure every drop of pee and poo goes into the toilet, or do you clean the bathroom yourself? Or do you run lab test to check the cleaness every day?

If you see some American don't wash hands after going to the bathroom, are you going to do the same thing? Who says they just have better judgement than you do? American kids are used to crawl on the floor, because parents usually allow them to practice crawl on the floor when they are little. And that habits stay with them. But it does not mean they should do it all the time, at all the places, even in the U.S. When my son was in pre-k, he got dirt all over himself whenever I picked him up from the school. He liked to roll on the ground. He picked his nose and touched himself (hopefully never in the school). He didn't know better. Nowadays, he knows to wash hands right after coming home, and take off school cloth before going to bed.
Last year, I took my son to China. He danced at my mom's house (wood floor) and, of course, hands on the floor. The son of my friend, 2 years younger than him, yealed at him "Dirty, Dirty! The floor is dirty!" Quite a contrast. I will leave you with this story.

所有跟帖: 

nice post. Thanks. -小义子- 给 小义子 发送悄悄话 小义子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2009 postreply 12:32:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”