回复:一般家庭收入最低要多少,可以要老二啊??

来源: vest2005 2008-12-29 10:57:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2116 bytes)
100k is definitely enough to provide food and shelter for a family of four, no matter where you are (northern CAL, southern CAL, NYC, etc.) The question is how much you want another kid and how much financial resources you plan to devote to each kid.

1) If you have two kids, you are less likely to get a job in the near term so the heavier financial burden is squarely on your hu*****and. Is he OK with that?

2) What's your hu*****and's income trajectory like? Is he expecting a decent income increase every year (say, 10%)? What matters is long term income and net wealth accumulation

3) Do you have a strong opinion about private school vs. public school? Good private schools cost around $30k a year per kid. 100K of income clearly won't do it (even for one kid). On the other hand, there are significant hidden costs, mostly in the form of real estate price and taxes, associated with good public schools (at least in my area). Here a single family house with 2,500sqf of living space can easily command a price tag of $1.2mm and above and real estate tax of $25-30k a year. Does it apply to where you live?

4) I once had a conversation with some co-workers and the consensus is that, on average, each kid will set you back $2 million of NPV when all said and done. The number is significantly less if you do not plan to send the kid to private schools AND you do not plan to expand your dwellings because of the kid.

In short, with 100k of gross income, your family can certainly get by. However, if you do not have meaningful amount of savings, you live in an expensive area, and your income level is not expected to appreciate significantly, I am afraid finances will put meaningful constraints on potential options on many things which could impact your quality of living and your children's future education. It is everybody's own decision whether this should discourage him/her from having another child. For example, in my family, I want number two regardless. My hu*****and, on the other hand, refuses to have number two unless our gross income exceeds $1mm a year.

所有跟帖: 

您是律师? -dengji- 给 dengji 发送悄悄话 dengji 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 11:16:10

回复:您是律师? -vest2005- 给 vest2005 发送悄悄话 (15 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 12:32:23

回复:回复:一般家庭收入最低要多少,可以要老二啊?? -yijibang- 给 yijibang 发送悄悄话 yijibang 的博客首页 (244 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 13:21:43

她说的是上私立中学或小学,那是没资助的。另外多个孩子,学琴什么的也很花钱吧。 -蓝冬- 给 蓝冬 发送悄悄话 蓝冬 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 13:51:16

How did you get 2M NPV for each Kid? Just curious to what items -m4f- 给 m4f 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 14:02:32

回复:How did you get 2M NPV for each Kid? Just curious to what ite -vest2005- 给 vest2005 发送悄悄话 (1770 bytes) () 12/29/2008 postreply 16:06:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”