Personal Essay

来源: noworry 2008-12-04 07:20:19 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3222 bytes)
I just happened to read a personal essay that my lovely daughter wrote a couple of months ago in her class. The essay is simple and beautiful. It tells who my pretty girl is. I love it and I want to share it with you too. She is in the middle school now.

Personal Essay

My name is Shaomei. I got my name based on my dad’s experience when traveling from China to the United States. The meaning of my name means, ‘young’ and ‘beautiful’, and is also a Chinese name. I think that the name ‘Shaomei’ and the meaning suits me amazingly, based on these reasons. First, I think I have a beautiful personality. I’m kind, caring, and loving. When someone is hurt I make sure he or she is okay by asking them if they feel well. I care when someone’s hurt and that’s what makes up my beautiful personality. Second, I think I’m beautiful and young inside and out. I love the way I am. If someone says a nasty comment about me, I don’t care, that’s their opinion. I think it’s important to worry about yourself, not what other people think of you. This is what makes up my beauty inside and out. Third, I believe I have a beautiful religion. I’m Christian, and I love the traditions we celebrate such as Christmas or Easter. I show this by celebrating them each year. I love my religion and appreciate it a-lot.

To me I love my name. My name sounds unique to me, and it’s different. My name is both used as my English name and Chinese name. I think my name seems unique, because to me it both sounds like it’s a Chinese name and an English name. Also half of my name sounds like the month May, Shaomei (the ‘Mei’ part), and I think that’s very pretty. I don’t have any nicknames my friends call me, but my parents call me ‘Mei, Mei’, which is short for my name, Shaomei. Mei Mei also has a meaning to it and it means, ‘pretty little girl’. My nickname sounds a little babyish, but I’m fine with it. I think my nickname suits me fine as well. If I could change my name, I would change it to ‘Emily’ or ‘Katie’. I would change my name to that because I like how the last part of those names sounds like ‘e’. Also because they are English names and commonly used. I love my name but sometimes it stands out too much and I’d like it better to have my name fit in. Most people say my name is unique and different and that’s why they like it, but sometimes I feel like changing it. The fact that sometimes someone pronounces my name wrong also makes me want to change my name because it gets annoying.

When my mom found out she was pregnant, the doctor kept telling her I’d be a boy. My dad wanted a girl, so just in case he prepared two names: If I was a boy I’d be named Shaoshao and if I was a girl I’d be named Shaomei. The doctor kept telling my mom I was going to be a boy, and on he went. When I came out, I surprised everyone because I turned out to be a girl! This would be considered an interesting experience for me, because usually doctors and x-rays are accurate, but they turned out to be wrong. This also seems funny to me because the doctor, from the beginning knew I was definitely a boy. I guess I stunned him. Overall, I love my name!

所有跟帖: 

Very cute. My daughter's name is Meimei too. -ggmom- 给 ggmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:27:16

it is amazing that your daughter's name is Meimei too. -noworry- 给 noworry 发送悄悄话 noworry 的博客首页 (75 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:38:22

写的真不错,个性很鲜明,美美几岁了? -spring_breeze- 给 spring_breeze 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:41:57

just turns to be 12. thanks. -noworry- 给 noworry 发送悄悄话 noworry 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:46:18

女儿让你看的?我们家的长大了就不好意思让我看了。我得悄悄看。 -pangma- 给 pangma 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:52:27

we share everything, but I -noworry- 给 noworry 发送悄悄话 noworry 的博客首页 (90 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 07:55:24

偶也想悄悄看看你女儿滴 ;-) -笑_脸- 给 笑_脸 发送悄悄话 笑_脸 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 08:26:13

无主席在幸福的笑~~ -一脸美人痣- 给 一脸美人痣 发送悄悄话 一脸美人痣 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/04/2008 postreply 09:41:57

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”