天天查他的grades? U 推 too much

来源: Big_Benz 2008-10-01 10:21:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1148 bytes)
Like most of Chinese kids, our children rarely get anything other than A. Our DD had a perfect 4.0 unweighted GPA and our son (11th grade now) had one B in an AP class.

We set up the expectation at very beginning - don't have to get A+ but no B. We don't check their grades except at the quarterly report. If we saw a B+ or an A-, we would set up an appointment with the teacher first to understand the reason. After that, we work with our children to develop a plan to ensure an A as the final grade. When they get that A after some catching up, we give them a lot of positive encouargements.

The only B our son had were partially our fault. He took an AP that was offered to all grades with a very tough teacher who gave very few As. We should have known that and don't let him pick that class. He was one of the few 10th graders among most 11th and 12th grade students. So, dispite his efforts, he got a B. The GC said that may be the high grade for 10th graders.

Bottomline - make your child want to get A themself. Push will not work. Too much push will have very negative effects, believe me.

所有跟帖: 

:) -A_Momy- 给 A_Momy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/01/2008 postreply 10:44:35

if my boy can get B and above, I won't push anymore, -sunshine1008- 给 sunshine1008 发送悄悄话 (193 bytes) () 10/01/2008 postreply 10:53:42

U got a good boy. -Big_Benz- 给 Big_Benz 发送悄悄话 (297 bytes) () 10/01/2008 postreply 11:07:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”