I worked on mine programable bike

来源: internuts 2008-11-28 20:29:09 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1504 bytes)
Not quite long ago I did couple things on my Edge 490 -programable bike:

(1) Changed the power supply - the bike originally was using batteries to provide power - DC 3V and DC 6V, which was kind of anonying that every few days the batteries had to be recharged. I changed the power sources using 110V AC converting to 3VDC and 6VDC, now I just need to plug the power cord to wall outlet, that is.

(2) Adjusted the resistance - It has been 3 years since I bought it. Over time, the resistance seemed to be lowered - with mountian profiles, it was not that difficult to climb. I opened it up, and found out that there was a sliding element, controlled by a micro motor; when the mountain scale was in higher position, the sliding element was pushed toward the outer edge of the flying wheel, making the pedals hard to press. Vice versa, when the mountain scale was in lower position, the sliding element was pulled toward the center of the wheel. There was a cable through a tube, I adjusted the nut at the end of the tube, it worked, very much like how to adjust idle speed on a car.

If yours like mine, I guess mostly with the same principle, you might want to look at if the sliding pass is too dry so the element is stuck at somewhere until the force is big enough to move it further; or the element is worn so it isn't move smoothly. You can lubricate it. Normally the micro motor isn't easy to be broken.

Not sure this will help but writing for your reference...

所有跟帖: 

回复:I worked on mine programable bike -weiyi- 给 weiyi 发送悄悄话 weiyi 的博客首页 (112 bytes) () 11/29/2008 postreply 11:26:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”