need more after school activity and playdates

来源: fpxjz 2007-10-19 14:31:06 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1370 bytes)
回答: your advice is needed.mapletree_us2007-10-18 22:04:29
My son (10 yrs old) is also the only chinese in his class, and there are very few asian in the school too. however, he is the "silly" type of kid, and has many silly friends, almost all are white boys since there are not many others. so, i don't think white boys dislike chinese kids, at least not at this age. he even told class that they were all invited to his birthday party in china before he went there for vocation. I think your son is the serious type of chinese boy, there is nothing wrong with it, but he needs to learn to laugh at his mistakes, and laugh at others' jokes sometimes.
most of my son's best buddies are from afterschool program, where they play board games and balls together. He also like to play with neighbor's boy in the weekend. ask your son who he'd like to play with (not limited to his class), you can invite them for a simple playdate, or take them for a movie...
I don't think boys read many magzines at this age in this country. most of them talk about games, and some start talking about songs. my son starts listening to the radio to catch the tunes and names of some songs.
anyway, take it easy both of you. his friend can be at any corner, and can be a girl. also you can suggest teacher to assign a project with kids seating next to each other, or assigh a bigger group, so other kids have a chance to know him.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”