An Open Letter to Senator Barack Obama

来源: 贾平凸 2007-10-05 05:40:09 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3756 bytes)
Dear Senator Obama,

I am writing you this open letter because a shocking concern punched me when I posted a blog article recently.

Having looked at different sources of opinion poll results, news release and blog articles, I remain in the conclusion that you have better chance to lead all Americans in 2009. What shocked me happened immediately after this article was headlined by the webmasters of the blog site. The post attracted more than 30,000 page views and a couple dozen comments over night. The comments are overwhelmingly disapprovals to my conclusion. It was very unfortunate that most of the disapprovals concentrated on one same note that Americans are not ready for an African American President.

Democracy has been so much deeply rooted into the American life that every one believes democracy is what America is about. Regardless of racial and ethnic identities, Constitution grants people the equal rights in every aspects of American life. In fact, race and ethnics should never be democratic notion. They are at most demographic domains. It was merely a have-to that American democracy started its way from demographic issues more than 200 years ago.

However, it is at least to me a shame that democracy of 21st century America still has to fight its way with demographic issues in front Americans’ eyes, and inside the Americans’ minds. If I remembered correctly, Senator, you started this presidential quest in Springfield, IL with a Lincoln style statement that Americans are one people. I was greatly encouraged at your sayings. It was an excellent kick-off that every one in this country is to benefit from.

The demographic impact on democracy was gradually shadowed on you soon after. In a PBS debates in June, you and other democratic primary candidates were asked the same issued about race. Senator Clinton responded “at this stage and see an African American, a Latino, a woman contesting for the presidency of the United States.” Senator Clinton was wrong. She was wrong that she was not able to see the divide between democracy and demography. It is a shame that American politics still misuse the demographic issues when it comes to democracy.

Democracy is about equal rights and opportunity for every individuals, not every races. If the latter be right, why don’t Americans revise the Constitution that there should be one African American of every five US presidents, one Latino of every ten, and one Asian of every twenty. NO. It is the former. We do not care that there is always no African Americans or Latinos presiding the white house. But if any American individuals who are still discriminated for whatever his or her identities, we care the most.

As I can see, the racial issue is working against you. It is by and large due to a long standing misfortune of the American media. From day one of this race, the media has been mixing up the two different concepts as what it has done in all past. The media names you the African American Candiate for Democratic Primary as every one in the world can see. Why is that? The media in mainstream does not benefit by thinking anything rightly, it benefits by thinking things popularly.

Media will continue to make this an issue, and this issue is against you. It will be your responsibility, as you said in the PBS debate, to fight your way out of it. We Trust that you are able to make it for 2008. As what Lincoln did one and half century ago in the same land where you stand, you will demonstrate to every Americans what democracy is in real

Whenever you do, you are not for you. You are for the American people.

- A person who do not love you, but believe in you.

所有跟帖: 

兄弟,我有个建议 -罗曼- 给 罗曼 发送悄悄话 罗曼 的博客首页 (493 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 06:08:35

你没注意我问中的观点吧。 -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (97 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 07:04:02

我思维是单语化的,想法出来了是汉语就是汉语了。 -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (52 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 07:14:18

支持小罗提议,同意小罗观点... -三十没立- 给 三十没立 发送悄悄话 三十没立 的博客首页 (359 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 06:28:00

I really don't know they change my title. I only noticed that -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (138 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 07:05:59

回复:An Open Letter to Senator Barack Obama -gingergirl- 给 gingergirl 发送悄悄话 gingergirl 的博客首页 (319 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 11:52:37

没抄,完全自编自导自演。 -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 12:02:48

回复:没抄,完全自编自导自演。 -gingergirl- 给 gingergirl 发送悄悄话 gingergirl 的博客首页 (28 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 12:22:00

在70可能难,在别的地刻找了不少骂名。您还别说 -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (32 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 12:40:28

好, 上 -gingergirl- 给 gingergirl 发送悄悄话 gingergirl 的博客首页 (7 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 12:46:27

我看见你们嘀嘀咕咕的啦。都看见了。哼,说什么呢?干什么去。 -algebera- 给 algebera 发送悄悄话 algebera 的博客首页 (34 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 13:04:29

你请客不捎着我,我还跟你急呢。 -贾平凸- 给 贾平凸 发送悄悄话 贾平凸 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/05/2007 postreply 13:38:14

写的很好,尽管有不同观点,但又有观点完全支持 -都是国人- 给 都是国人 发送悄悄话 都是国人 的博客首页 (8 bytes) () 10/06/2007 postreply 07:40:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”