Mean 一把,and conclude my remarks

来源: 沙花 2006-04-29 20:05:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1684 bytes)
回答: We've got to be "politically correct"NoWorry2006-04-29 11:38:29
To respect all peoples and cultures is definitely the bottom line and in general, Noworry is the person who upholds this principle the best in this forum. Yet, well, I was shocked by some arguments Noworry made earlier ---a long time ago---regarding the merits and flaws of Chinese and/or western civilization. I really doubt whether they are all politically correct or not :-))

Some people, I boldly claim including many mainstream Americans or even those upper middle class Americans, do show their humility, humbleness and modesty when their interest is not threatened. But if necessary, they will get rid of that sugar coat immediately and make some politically very incorrect arguments. This can be seen in everyday life as well as in the political circle. A recent example I can recall is how many Americans react to the illegal migration debate. It is, to me, kind of human nature and that is why I am not shocked even when I hear some politically incorrect statements made by very honest and upright persons.

On the other hand, there are people who REALLY REALLY believe the equality of all human beings, and, I repeat, it is a moral standard that IDEALLY people with whatever background should adhere to. And you can find those people not only among the elites like Noworry, but also among those who strive for survival in a shabby corner of the world. And we do want to raise our children to be one of them. And more importantly, our children should be taught to not just talk politically correctly, but really believe those rules underlying it in order to make "express[ing] ourselves diplomatically" differnt from expressing ourselves hypocritically.

所有跟帖: 

Anyone can make mistakes,and 'politcally correct" -noworry- 给 noworry 发送悄悄话 (866 bytes) () 04/29/2006 postreply 20:26:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”