2AM at night! I didn't know why I missed this part.

来源: lvtotravel 2006-12-08 22:41:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1668 bytes)
What was in Kim's mind?!

If this information of his getting lost at 2am at service road is accurate - then let's reconstruct the timeline - Hwy 23 is rougly an hour South of Hwy 42. It would mean that by the time he approached Hwy 42 exit, it would have been passed MIDNIGHT already. And he intended to drive over to the Coastal area in the middle of the night, in poor weather condition, with a wife and 2 very young kids on the car?!

In situation like that, even you have a reservation at the Coast area, you would just forfeit it and look for accommodation either on I-5 or at towns at the intersections and spend the night, instead of pushing forward. A few miles South of Hwy 23 intersection on I-5 is the town Grant Pass - they should get there to find a place to spend the night. Grant Pass should be a good size town as that is where the wife and kids being sent to hospital.

I could not help but wonder, what the hell was he thinking? and what the hell was his wife thinking? Didn't they ever think of the safety of their children?
You dont even drive such secondary road like hwy 23, in a Summer night, let alone in the middle of Winter. This is downright *&^@#!

The area they wound up at was so remote, that it took the repositioning of a satellite in order to take better pictures - otherwise their car may not even be spotted from the Satellite pictures. It was one of the 3 PRIVATE choppers hired by his father that found the car. At least he had a rich father who could spare nothing to mount a rescue effort...

It is all very sad, but it boils down to:
Ignorance and stupidity kill. Money talks.

所有跟帖: 

Your points well made - man you are a night owl -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (1121 bytes) () 12/08/2006 postreply 23:13:57

Sad the Media not bring up enough how such should never happen -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (1091 bytes) () 12/09/2006 postreply 11:45:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”