All of my friends and relatives who thought the same

来源: lvtotravel 2006-12-03 21:13:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2022 bytes)
as you did, and ALL changed their minds and most of them went cruising at least once to twice a year afterward.

Didn't you ever see Royal Caribbean's advertisement - "Get Out There" ?!

It is very important not to generalize cruises - each cruiseline and each ship within the cruiseline, has unique characteristics. If you choose to sail HAL (Holland America), then you may feel there is very little activities after dinner - very sedated cruise. However, if you cruise a Carnival ship or a RCCL ship, you can party till dawn. Princess and Celebrity are somewhere in between.

I cannot emphasize any more -

DONT thing cruise has nothing to do - you have more things to do than you have the time. Most first time cruisers changed their view points after their first cruise.

DONT choose a WRONG ship - the ship's characteristics do not match with your personality - that would be a disaster in the making.

DONT choose an old ship unless for the itinerary. Newer ships (less than 5 years old) have far far more amenities and facilities than older ships. The price differentials are not big (less than $20-30 per day per person on comparable cabin category.

If you want to try a cruise, I strongly suggest you to pick your ship carefully.

There are so much to see at each port, and the modern ships themselves are like floating resorts.

Now I prefer 14days cruise than 7day cruise as the 14day length gives us enough time to slow down. The 7day is actually too RUSH. Though we are going on a 7 day on Dec 10.

In 2004 we did 4 cruises for a total of 38 days - one 14 day full Panama Canal cruising from Ft.Lauderdale to San Diego. one 7 day Mexican Riviera - R/T LA to Los Cabos, PV and Mazatlan. one 7 days Alaska SB (this by far the least favorable cruise because of the weather, though there were still lots to do at each port and there were 4 or may be 5 ports, cannot remember), and finally a 10 day X'mas cruise to South Caribbean.

所有跟帖: 

wow, you are the expert on cruises! -阿姗- 给 阿姗 发送悄悄话 阿姗 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/03/2006 postreply 22:34:20

Ah Shan, you are too bias towards cruises... -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (431 bytes) () 12/03/2006 postreply 23:16:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”