板门店白杨树之战 与 远距离武器

来源: Glider 2006-10-16 23:09:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2251 bytes)
-- 发达国家与落后国家的军事较量

I read the news about Panmunjom tree-trimming incident 30 years ago when I was an elementary school boy. In the incident, North Korean guards grabbed axes from Americans and killed two officers. It was a hand-to-hand combat. I was impressed by North Korean soldiers toughness then.

Many years later, I met a colleague in US who used to serve in US 8th Army in South Korea during mid-70s. His name is Mike. The first question I asked him was whether he knew that tree incident. Mike told me that he was in communication unit there and on duty that day. He learnt the whole incident through communication between DMZ and Army headquarter. Wow, I felt like I knew a witness of this historical incident I knew when I was a kid.

Mike is very nice man. The more I knew him, the more I understood why US soldiers couldn’t beat North Koreans in a hand-to-hand combat. US GIs are more civilized. However, as part of a poor nation's Army, North Korean soldiers are tougher, mentally stronger, and ruthless if you want call, don’t follow the rules. Infantry to infantry, it's hard to beat North Koreans unless you have superior weapons. That’s why the so-called Long Distance Weapons are so popular here – “I can kill you even before you can reach me”.

Did I hear someone said “Cheating”?
J

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
•  板门店白杨树之战 与 远距离武器
•  朝鲜板门店白杨树之战
•  月亮河 (Moon River)
•  花好月圆
•  冰山上的来客
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock