good thoughts and I'm just refining them a little.

来源: thrawn 2006-08-17 12:35:29 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1390 bytes)
1. If push come to shove, PRC can defend NK if NK didn't attack anything and just doing their "military exercises". Or PRC can also use US excuse and attack NK before US does to setup a more PRC friendly NK government (of course that depends on Mr. Jing)

2. Back then, PRC was weak and still building up strength. Now PRC have some cards to play and won't give up traditional buffer NK to US that easily. It still wants to control NK therefore we'll have to see how far PRC will go to maintain that.

3. PRC cannot match exactly US weaponary but if maintain 1 generation behind, it will succeed. It won't fight a battle without preparing the battleground and conditions first. PRC may not win of US but in a war of attrition, it will force a settlement just like last time as both are Nuke countries.

4. Yes, I'm aware that US has gained much experience fighting small countries to improve their battle effectiveness and tactics but fighting against a large country in a limited scale, US hadn't won since the Korean War. Do you think US or PRC would go all out attacking one of the 5 big Nuke countries?

If PRC decided to fight US or US decided to attack PRC, they won't commit fully as they both don't want the war to escalate into something big (aka, Soviet Union & US). The result will be a cold war no matter what side wins or loses or both draws.

所有跟帖: 

man, I need to read what I write. It needs so many corrections -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 14:32:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”