You are analyzing the possibility of a war of China vs the US.

来源: Giantfan 2006-08-17 12:00:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2185 bytes)
The article was analyzing the possibilities of China involvement in Korea if the US attacks North Korea again.

1. The political environment is so different today than was in 1950s. Back then China was basically isolated from the West, while China has normal foreign relationship with all western countries today. Will China risk breaking the foreign ties in exchange of the buffer zone in Korea? Besides, North Korea renders China more harms than profits in these days. Sending army into Korea to confront the Allied forces could possibly gain little but damages.

2. The US can attack N.Korea with excuse of fighting terrorists. The N. Korean did commit some terror acts against civil airplanes before. Plus its current missle/possible nuclear weapon moves the US can collect enough data to justify its second invasion against North Korea. If so what will be the Chinese excuse to send army in North Korea? The US has occupied Afghanistan with silimar excuses. The presence of the american forces there threatens Xinjiang, an unstable area which has a lot of resources. China, however, did not respond with anger and did not send an army to Afghanistan to intervene.

3. No matter how patriotic we are, we have to admit the fact that the technological differences between the Chinese army and the american army today are big. I remember reading an article quoting a Chinese general's words stating that the difference can be as large as 30 years. I don't know if that was another blown smoke out from PLA. Catching up with the american army or minimizing the technological differences indeed are the priority today.

4. As the experts pointed out China was/is not in any type of war for nearly 30 years, while the American generals has accumulated valuable fighting experiences through all kinds of local/regional wars continously. You are right that generals can gain experiences through wars but through a war against the US? How many people has to die? Back to 1950 though CVA had inferior weapons but they had kept fighting since 1940s and possessed plenty of experienced high and low ranked officers.

Just my two cents

所有跟帖: 

good thoughts and I'm just refining them a little. -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (1390 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 12:35:29

man, I need to read what I write. It needs so many corrections -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 14:32:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”