actually, I take it back. All the reasons are lacking.

来源: thrawn 2006-08-17 10:52:30 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2325 bytes)
#1 is overestimating PRC's tolerability of US presence no matter what political terms US is using to justify its attack on NK

#2 PRC still have allies from Russia as it will be glad that PRC and US will soften each other while it is sitting back and supplies to PRC for profits. PRC dared to attack US when its own infrastructures were weak but now it is much more robust therefore it won't need much of the same type of help Soviet Union had provided before.

#3 Again, US is thinking using the model of bombs would make a country succumb. It had proved false before, it will prove false again. If US can bomb a country into surrender, IRAQ would have done so, Hezbollah would have done so, but they didn't. The first NK, PRC in the beginning also had no way of knowing it will succeed or not. It tried and succeed.

#4 PRC now isn't poor like before and therefore cannot declare war? National security vs economic development can only choose one, which one would PRC choose?

#5 If US wanted to sanction PRC, it would already done so. The fact that it didn't means sanction PRC economy, unlike the first time, would hurt its own economy as well as the world's. War is a perfect way to transfer internal problems to external sources.

#6 ROC dare to declare independence at that time, it would invite something more than just regular missles especially if PRC is losing to US in NK. When it is not, PRC will sent barrage of missles to bomb ROC's infrastructures continuously until its war in NK ended. If PRC won, it will focus its attention on ROC next.

#7 They are out of touch with this subject. There are still many poor people in PRC that could be used in army and many young well off people who are very patriotic in PRC.

#8 It showed US is using SK as the group force while it hides behind missles and air power. SK is not stupid. Also, it talks about Yugoslav and Afhganistan, what about Iraq? What about the current Afhganistan? Are they are peacefully surrendered?

#9 Good generals are made in combat. Inexperienced ones can be made into experienced ones in war. To understimate PRC's generals before fighting are dangerous.

From the above, I can conclude that this is not published by RAND. If it is, then their quality is becoming too low.

所有跟帖: 

You are analyzing the possibility of a war of China vs the US. -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (2185 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 12:00:44

good thoughts and I'm just refining them a little. -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (1390 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 12:35:29

man, I need to read what I write. It needs so many corrections -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/17/2006 postreply 14:32:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”