Sympathetic with you

来源: borisg 2005-11-11 12:19:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1545 bytes)
If you are telling a true story, then I am fully sympathetic with you. When your second arrives, you will be like a zombie 24/7. Get whatever help you can get, just to survive this period (up to 6 months, depending on how fast the baby sleeps overnigtht). Then things will be better. Wonder if your hu*****and can take a family leave at least for the first 2-3 months. There are critical moments in life when money, career are not the issue. You have the courage to take the second one, so you know what to expect, and you will not regret it (no parents do).

For your hu*****and, a piece of advice from someone who has been through these all. In no sooner than a few years, a couple of papers in Nature will be just 过眼云烟。There is more than one way to live, not to say that in this life (no way to predict the next) we are expected to change our careers multiple of times. If this pasture is not green, make a graceful exit and move on to another one.

A person with a family needs to reset his priority and meaning of life. Used to know a fellow (believe me, it's not myself) who had to endure many years to support his family and earn his degree. By the time of his thesis defense he hardly remembered some basic equations. Shall we look down upon him since he lagged behind in study and lived on food stamps? No. Here is a man who endured all this difficulties and bore the burdens of the family. This is true men are made for, and he didn't fail that.

In a few month if you need to yell I will be here to listen.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”