To 7264: growth spur in speech and language development

来源: NDMom 2005-11-08 19:35:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1714 bytes)
tends to occur to kids with speech delay, which means, that for a period of time,
you don't see him saying any new words, but after a while, suddenly, he will surprise you
with his leap of progress.

Even though you don't see any obvious progress, but he is obsorbing all the information
obtained during speech therapy. He stores everything in his mind, and in due time,
he will surprise you.

I understand as parents, we want to see instant results,
we are anxious because we care about them and love them so much.

Be patient, and take every moment to practice with him. For example, as you open the door, you can say, "mommy opens the door." Keep on talking to him in English in simple sentences. Repeat them
patiently. If he asks for something, encourage him to say it in words, rather than handing him directly before he request it verbally. Over protective moms reads their kids mind and provide them what they need before the kids say a word.

Ask the professionals, I think they will suggest that you use English at home.

Be cheerful, all kids are made different and they are all so precious and special. If a kid is weak in one area, he got to be strong in another area. For example, he might have superb memory, or good at puzzles (visual skills). Make your home a happy and loving place, when kids are happy and relaxed, they will tend to talk more.

I once met a girl of 8 who had severe speech delay when she was young, her mom said she did not say any words at age 4. I could not believe it. Because you could hardly stop her talking when she was 8. She was quite a chatter box at the age of 8. Never give up! Carry on!

所有跟帖: 

回复:To 7264:see the Doctors!!! -70103- 给 70103 发送悄悄话 (1717 bytes) () 11/08/2005 postreply 20:00:25

she is discouraged at -NDMom- 给 NDMom 发送悄悄话 (366 bytes) () 11/08/2005 postreply 20:06:15

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!