I vote for Berkeley

来源: secretariate 2021-04-28 10:23:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1607 bytes)
回答: UC Berkeley Regents Scholarship VS UChicago 2022sap2002021-04-27 21:14:54

My son was in a similar situation a few years ago.  He committed to Berkeley EECS from another state.   In early May, he received notices from UChicago (Econ) and Duke (CS) and asked him if he would accept their admissions from WL.  By then, he was all for Berkeley and did not consider the admissions even though we as parents really wanted him to go to UChicago.

It turned out that everything worked out really well for him.  We as out of state parents felt that UC Berkeley is definitely an excellent school, comparable to other top schools.  Based on the talks over the years with other parents from IVY and IVY Plus schools, I feel that the theory of so called more resources available to students at top private schools are really over sold.   I do have direct experiences with both Berkeley and the Ivy school my second kid is going.

During our visits to him, we met lots of his friends there, and saw there were so many talented students in Berkeley.  Among his friends and roommates, some are going to medical schools, some are working for top mature tech companies as well as new startups, and more are going to top graduate schools.  In his time in Berkeley, he was involved in research projects in BAIR (Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research Lab), Redwood Neroscience Center and Haas Business School as an undergraduate student.  He did not feel that his experiences were limited due to lack of resources.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for your information. -sap200- 给 sap200 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/29/2021 postreply 17:17:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”