复活节快乐

来源: 匆匆一瞥 2014-04-18 07:36:37 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2960 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 匆匆一瞥 ] 在 2014-04-22 08:12:51 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

上个周末和 mimi 一起做了复活节彩蛋。不好意思,今天太忙了,没时间写帖子弄照片,只好把上个周末的日记贴上来给大家看看这些可爱的彩蛋。先下线了,祝大家周末愉快!

-------------
If Sunday night were a kid, he must be a mischievous one that likes to sneak up from behind my shoulders. I can almost hear the “boo!” And just like that, another weekend is coming to an end. 

Today is the last Sunday before Easter. Mimi and I continued our annual tradition of decorating Easter eggs together. I got the hard-boiled eggs ready first thing in the morning. The next step was to pour carefully measured proportions of vinegar and water into the Easter themed paper cups. Vinegar is required to fully dissolve the color tablets, which came in several bright shades. These tablets made soft bubbling sound as they gradually shrunk in size and eventually disappeared into the solution. Meanwhile Mimi and I put on our aprons, dipped the eggs into the solution, and the fun began.

The kit provided all sorts of cute "body parts", such as the googly eyes, the triangularly shaped nose for the chicks, the pink tongue for our jumpy friend froggy, and let’s not forget the cotton ball tail for the bunnies. I suppose one can also mix+match the various body parts and let your imagination run wild. Mimi particularly enjoyed drawing the eye lashes for her beloved purple tortoise. Perhaps it gave her the satisfaction of putting on “makeup” for these lovely creatures. For budding girls of Mimi's age, cosmetics of any form and shape probably offer an irresistible grown up appeal and this inherent gravitation towards beauty is something I cannot quite defy.

Mimi’s friend took home the pink and purple bunnies, so they were missing from the final "family portrait". I am sure they are now in very good hands, though they will be thoroughly missed by those that stayed behind. Aren’t these Easter eggs adorable? I like them all but the cotton-tailed bunnies hit a soft spot in my heart as they reminded me of Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit. Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter. Such fond childhood memories. ☺

所有跟帖: 

温馨,宁静,漂亮 -师太明年三十八- 给 师太明年三十八 发送悄悄话 师太明年三十八 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2014 postreply 07:47:07

好可爱啊,复活节快乐! -一江小鱼- 给 一江小鱼 发送悄悄话 一江小鱼 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2014 postreply 08:05:25

好漂亮的蛋。葱葱快乐 -七零- 给 七零 发送悄悄话 七零 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2014 postreply 08:22:57

很精美 -万枫- 给 万枫 发送悄悄话 万枫 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2014 postreply 08:59:26

谢谢大家。工作好累,TGIF!:-) -匆匆一瞥- 给 匆匆一瞥 发送悄悄话 匆匆一瞥 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2014 postreply 20:12:23

上午刚领着孩子们去捡彩蛋,一会儿也带着她们画几个。 -hutu45678- 给 hutu45678 发送悄悄话 hutu45678 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/19/2014 postreply 12:13:32

太可爱了,在哪里能买到这个kit?今年来不及了,明年我帶肉肉和果果做 -小活- 给 小活 发送悄悄话 小活 的博客首页 (77 bytes) () 04/19/2014 postreply 18:33:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”