我家老大的学校counselor是建议“send something personal”。。。

来源: yesterday*once*more 2023-04-03 05:03:07 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4116 bytes)
回答: 真心请教WLdoudouhuang2023-04-03 04:39:14

她送了自己做的卡片。。。每个college有一个AO对应一个地区的,高中counselor知道,所以就直接和这个AO联系,update一下最新进展。。。下面是女儿当年的信:

Dear Ms. D., 

Hello! I am AAA BBB, a senior from CCC High School in DDD, Illinois. I applied to Wellesley College this past winter and was put on your wait list. Thus, I am writing to express my desires to attend your school for the four years. 

Having visited Wellesley over the summer, I was enchanted by the campus. I couldn't believe that such a serene place could exist just miles from Boston! What also appealed to me was the strong sense of sisterhood  as an all womens school, there are more opportunities for women to learn, bond, and grow, ultimately into passionate and dedicated women who can hold their own in our ever-shifting world. 

If I were to attend Wellesley, I would bring a focused and creative aspect to your community. I am hardworking and dedicated, but also open to new ideas and opportunities. In addition, my inquisitive nature allows me to find unique solutions to a wide spectrum of problems. 

I have also made several positive advancements in my high school career since December. Not only have I kept my grades up, but I was recently promoted to the temporary status of editorship and substituted as a group leader on my schools online newspaper staff. Briefly, I was able to experience revising other students works, even though this is my first year in the class. In fact, I was chosen to write headlines in the upcoming Illinois High School Association journalism competition! Additionally, our journalism team was one of nine finalists in the National Scholastic Press Association Pacemaker competition. 

I would really like to spend my next four years at Wellesley College. The only difficulty would be the cost of attending your school. However, I believe that studying at your college will make me a better and more successful person, a great investment for the both of us. Please consider me as you reevaluate each of your candidates for admission.

Thank you for your time!  

我家老二没这么好运气。Carleton当年enrollment太好,多收了一百多,结果没从waiting list上找人。高中counselor很早就知道了,告诉我家儿子别想了。。。

所有跟帖: 

哇,非常感谢你这么详细的分享,非常有帮助。十分感激 -doudouhuang- 给 doudouhuang 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/03/2023 postreply 05:15:58

赞实在人儿 -新年好运- 给 新年好运 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/03/2023 postreply 05:18:19

阿猫好大方! -AMYMINT- 给 AMYMINT 发送悄悄话 AMYMINT 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/03/2023 postreply 05:20:59

感谢分享!我家娃也正需要这个 -atoz26- 给 atoz26 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/03/2023 postreply 05:30:25

谢上面各位。“老人家们”还是可以贡献的。。。祝WL孩子们好运! -yesterday*once*more- 给 yesterday*once*more 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/03/2023 postreply 06:14:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”