SM strategy: Parent prepare summer break picture and video shari

来源: 聪明的艾米 2018-02-14 14:55:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5962 bytes)

Today is the first day to school after a long summer break. But to Amy, it was a nervous day: new teachers, new classrooms, and after the holiday, her classmates also became unfamiliar. Amy walked into her classroom shyly, seeing so many classmates talk to each other which made her even more nervous.

In the classroom, students were chatting with friends about their vacations and  fun things the did during the summer break. One of Amy’s classmates walked up, and said to Amy, “Hi, Amy, how was your summer break?” Amy dropped down her backpack, fished the pictures and videos that she previously prepared out of her bag, and began to talk about her summer with her classmates quietly. Seeing that her classmates were interested in her summer break, Amy’s voice became louder and she became more comfortable. One of her classmates was very interested in Amy’s pictures, and kept asking Amy curiously, “Where did you go during the summer, Amy? What are you doing in that picture?” Amy was happy that somebody is asking, so she answered, “Well, in that picture, I went to the ocean to swim. I saw many beautiful fishes and some other sea animals like sea lions. I picked some shells and they were awesome!” While talking about her summer, Amy felt very comfortable and began to chat with her friends and classmates.   

In the first day to school,  Amy shared her pictures and fun things she did during the summer. This made her more comfortable with communicating with her classmates.

Hint: To reduce the anxiety of SM kids when they talk to other people in some events, they  can prepare the talk before the event and keep practicing until they are confident in what they are going to present.  Also make sure the subject they are going to present is what they are interested in. If he or she still feels nervous to talk, they can write down what they are going to say and read the notes in front of the audience.  If the SM kids are still too nervous to talk out,  it is suggested to record their talk ahead of time and show the video at the event.        

Amy mom  Gloria Liu smartamyus@yahoo.com             

更多我的博客文章>>>
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!