升学顾问专题 - 申请大学和职业计划

来源: oceanboy 2017-02-24 08:40:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2990 bytes)

Your College-bound Teen Needs a Career Plan

before Leaving High School Not After

By Elizabeth Venturini, College Career Strategist

One of the biggest fears facing high school students is not knowing what they want to do with their lives after high school. Add that to concerns such as, “How do I choose a college major?” “What are my career options?” “I don’t what I am ‘good’ at doing” and “I’ll figure it out in college” can create unnecessary anxiety for students before they graduate.

With high tuition costs and a tight job market, today’s high school student needs to have a college career plan before they leave high school—not after to compete in today’s job market. Here are four ways to help your college-bound teen create a college career plan so they can launch from high school, college, and beyond.

Help your college-bound teen get their “act” together before leaving high school

Before students complete one college application have them complete an interest assessment to learn about their interests, likes, dislikes, values, work, and learning style. Provide your student with an assessment if they are approaching the middle of their junior year and need help deciding a college major.

How your college-bound teen can avoid a “mistake” major and focus on college majors that pay the bills after graduation

The job market is flooded with new college grads who selected majors that offer little chance of employment or return on investment of their education. Help your student research their chosen industry for employment projections, education required, years of experience, major tasks on the job, and starting salary.

Plan A and Plan B - don't let your college-bound teen leave home without them

A well-rounded graduate is a more marketable person. Great communications skills, knowledge of technology, and the arts greatly compliment a college degree. Encourage your teen to have a backup career plan with a second major or minor in a job field that is in high demand, particularly if their chosen career is not high paying or extremely difficult to enter.

Work experience is actually doing it - reading about it doesn't count

Now more than ever employers want new college graduates that have basic job skills. Incoming college students can increase their chances for a job after college with an internship or non-profit experience. They'll develop leadership skills, learn how to manage time, improve their work ethics, and grow a list of job contacts.

所有跟帖: 

我们没有找申请顾问,觉得完全没有必要。当然,不同的人想法不同。 -HiThere123- 给 HiThere123 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/24/2017 postreply 09:22:23

说的很实在,比较professional,比那些二道贩子的升学顾问强多了 -keessa- 给 keessa 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/24/2017 postreply 09:31:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”