西方也有很多优秀的传统

来源: 鹿鼎工 2015-04-09 18:34:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4187 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 鹿鼎工 ] 在 2015-04-09 18:36:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Rose教授把她的RA团队看成是一个family,每年都要搞很隆重的周年爬梯。有多隆重我们不知道,因为我们没有参加,没有看见,但是从她的准备工作中可以看得出来。在离爬梯还有3,4个月的时候,Rose就给我们家长写信,说她要搞个周年爬梯感谢大家一年来的辛苦工作,庆祝大家所取得的成绩,同时鼓舞大家继续努力,以提升团队的士气。她要求我们家长帮助,写封信讲讲自己孩子有趣的故事,她会在爬梯上宣读,一方面活跃气氛,更重要的是能让这些孩子感觉到家庭的温暖,感觉到我们大家是多么爱他,他们在我们心中是多么的重要。

我太太为此写了下面这封信,儿子上大学后从来没有主动给我们打过电话,那次爬梯后,他给我们打了电话,激动地对他妈妈说“谢谢!”

*****************************************************************************************************
Dear Dr. Rose,

I would like to thank you to give Tom such a great opportunity to work with you and your great RA team. I know Tom loves his job very much. I still remember how excited Tom was when he told me he got a RA offer two years ago. Tom loves XXXX(Univ.Name). He is so proud to be a XXXX student that he always wishes to have opportunity to do something for his college. The RA position gives him such a very good opportunity. While he is helping new students, he is also learning from and growing up by taking responsibilities. 

I do feel his progress in these years. He becomes more mature and more initiative. In Last summer, he re-painted our house and remodeled living rooms. He did a great job. Many friends who visit my home were surprised by our beautiful living rooms. They couldn’t believe that job was done by Tom, an inexperienced young man!  Yes, I surprised as well. I was not only surprised by the great job he did, but also I was surprised by his leadership. I asked him what he thought was the most important to complete the remodeling project. He said it was the ability to line up all available resources to reach the target. He told me he learnt a lot from his RA position and knew how to work with other experts. Therefore he can complete a task on the field in which he doesn’t have experience and knowledge.

Last semester, he got a first “B” in his transcript. The classes in senior year seem to be much more challengeable. I would like to know how important he consider his RA job was. I discussed with him: “Tom, you got a “B” this semester. It seems the study becomes much tougher and you are difficult to handle it. Can you quit your RA job and give yourself more time to study?” He said No without any hesitate. He said his RA job was very important to him. He believed RA was the most important and valuable course he had taken in college. The skills and leadership he learnt from RA position would benefit him a lot in his future career. He said he would never give up his RA job. He promised me he would be able to handle the challenge and do well in this semester since he had more experience. 

I was very happy to hear this reply. From his attitude, I know Tom has grown up. He becomes a responsible man, likes to help people, to contribute to society and is willing to take challenges. 

I would like to thank you, Dr.Rose; Without your guidance and training, Tom may not have such great progress. I would like to thank all of his team members as well. With their friendship and support, Tom becomes much braver and stronger. I am proud of Tom, I am proud of Tom as a member of the great family.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes 

XXXXXX

所有跟帖: 

写的很好,恭喜你的儿子更具挑战性,更坚强,更富有责任感。 -洞顶乌龙香- 给 洞顶乌龙香 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2015 postreply 19:06:45

谢谢分享,RA是 ? -yundao- 给 yundao 发送悄悄话 yundao 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2015 postreply 19:23:15

Research Assistant -亦舒- 给 亦舒 发送悄悄话 亦舒 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/09/2015 postreply 19:38:09

遇到好的导师是学术成功的一半 -virus88- 给 virus88 发送悄悄话 virus88 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/10/2015 postreply 03:15:34

这篇英文有不少语法错误啊 -nightrose- 给 nightrose 发送悄悄话 nightrose 的博客首页 (221 bytes) () 04/10/2015 postreply 12:05:12

您的水平很高啊,您这一改确实准确很多。正如古人一字师所说。 -鹿鼎工- 给 鹿鼎工 发送悄悄话 (111 bytes) () 04/10/2015 postreply 18:14:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”