每天一得瑟

来源: skyport 2014-09-23 09:02:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10933 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ skyport ] 在 2014-09-23 09:16:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
二娃的Creative Writing作业发回来了,这一篇是A+。老师的评价是“Examplary”。

老师说:“You are pretty quiet in class and do not ask a lot of questions.  I thought that you were not interested in writing.  But your work is examplary."

这篇写得还很稚嫩,但是热情和幽默感跃然纸上。

Stove

I burnt the ham today.

Well, not exactly today. It was kind of a year ago. My owner left the stove on for too long. I kept trying to scream at him, Turn it off! TURN IT OFF! But he stood there, on the phone, talking to his friend. Smoke sizzled high in the air, and only when the smoke alarm went off did he turn the fire down.

I have the best view of the living room. My best friends, Refrigerator and Microwave (although all their friends call them Fridge and Mike) sit next to me. I can look out above Mr. Couch and Mrs. Sofa, Dishwasher (Everybody calls him Dishy), and the mean sink across the street. Although there are many more appliances, these are the highlights.

“Ooh! He’s coming!” Fridge said.

“Who is he gonna use?”

“I bet it will be me!”

“No way! He used you last time!”

This always happens when the owner comes into the kitchen. Everybody bets on which appliance he will use. I sighed. He almost never uses me. He doesn’t know how to cook, so he always uses Mike to heat up frozen food.

He walked over to Fridge and opened his door.

“Yessss!” He murmured. The Frying Pan sighed and handed some butter to him.

Butter is our currency. Everybody likes it because it is so oily, and tastes delicious when you eat it. Fridge has the most because he’s the only one who can store it for as long as he likes.

That night, I heard Mr. Door open as he groaned with the effort.

“He’s getting too old,” Mike whispered to me. “It’s hard for him to open these days.”

I nodded thoughtfully. The owner walked into the kitchen with someone I had never seen before.

“This is a nice place you got, Dave!”

“Thanks dad. Here, sit down, I’ll fix you dinner.”

The new man plopped down of Mr. Couch, and I could hear his complaints to his wife, Mrs. Sofa, from the other side of the room.

No doubt he’ll use Mike again, I thought bitterly. But as I watched in astonishment, he made his way over to me and turned on my fire. It took awhile before I could muster the energy to spark up, as I had not been turned on in awhile.

The owner smiled and tore open a bag with the logo, Piazza’s. Inside was a steak. Why a pizza place would sell steak, I don’t know. Anyway, he chucked the steak into Frying Pan and let it simmer.

I sighed. It had been so long since I had cooked something. One year is much too long for a stove to stay dormant. My flames were dancing under Frying Pan. Smoke fumed up into the ceiling, and Frying Pan was screaming at me to turn off my flames. Turn off my flames? Why? It felt so good to cook something. Everybody else gets used almost everyday! I’m always left behind. Why don’t everybody else feel how I feel!

As I slowly grew angrier, my flames grew in size. Suddenly, I felt my flames seize, and slowly they died out. The owner had turned off my flames. I could hear the angry voice of the other man yelling at the owner.

“I can’t believe you can’t even cook a meal without messing something up!”

“But dad, it was an accident!”

“Too many accidents! I’m done!”

The man stormed out of the house, fuming. The owner sighed and trekked over to me.

“Look what you did,” He said to me. “Made my old man mad again.” He yelled and kicked me.

“Ow!” I said, but only the other appliances could hear.

The next day, I heard loud noises outside. Men with unusual yellow caps walked in, and pointed to me, speaking a few words. The owner nodded, and they began to take me away.

“What! No!” I tried to protest as they began the process of unplugging me and carrying me away.

“Stove!” Fridge called.

I struggled against the men, but they carried me off easily. Everyone looked in helplessness. They walked out and threw me in the back of the truck.

They drove for a while. They were some other kitchen appliances. I made small talk during the journey, but when we arrived, I stared out into a barren land.

所有跟帖: 

very nice! Tell his teacher: example vs exemplary. -壮士- 给 壮士 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:05:44

写的很好啊,很生动,如临其境。 -soundofsilence- 给 soundofsilence 发送悄悄话 soundofsilence 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:16:57

非常非常生动的一篇文章! -欧阳小溪- 给 欧阳小溪 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:18:01

团谢各位。 -skyport- 给 skyport 发送悄悄话 skyport 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:23:26

很棒啊,充满童趣。想起学校老师要求每人给幼儿园小朋友写故事,不容易的。这篇给小朋友一定喜欢。 -yashang- 给 yashang 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:28:04

人才。 -incywincy- 给 incywincy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:30:21

写得太好了,太感人了! -羽衣飞飞- 给 羽衣飞飞 发送悄悄话 羽衣飞飞 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:36:26

厉害。 -听闻- 给 听闻 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:40:23

写得很生动有趣。 -CirrusCloud- 给 CirrusCloud 发送悄悄话 CirrusCloud 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 09:41:49

发表吧,那些小孩的picture book 都还没这么多字,故事情节还要更简单。 -Rock.rose- 给 Rock.rose 发送悄悄话 Rock.rose 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2014 postreply 10:12:18

写的好, 赞! 几年级? -cyhs- 给 cyhs 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/24/2014 postreply 09:01:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”