LACs vs Universities as Buffets vs Formal Restaurants

来源: vanilla256 2012-12-31 16:56:35 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1769 bytes)

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/50032-liberal-arts-college-vs-university-2.html

A good LAC is like a formal sit-down restaurant. Helpful waiters lead you to a booth, bring you the menu and explain the options available. There are several choices for each course, and each one will be nicely prepared and brought directly to your table. It's very safe and cosy, and you're unlikely to be surprised or disappointed by anything you order. But if you want something that's not on that menu -- or if you don't like the people you're seated with -- you're just out of luck.

A good university is like the midnight buffet on a cruise ship. There are literally thousands of choices, from sushi to enchiladas to chocolate truffles, and if you want something you don't see on the buffet, you can ask them to whip some up for you. You can sit wherever you like, with whoever you like, and change seats several times if you want. You can return to the buffet to try different things multiple times. However, it's your job to pick the food you want and your responsibility to bring it to your table. There are helpful staff members available to give you a hand if you need one, but you have to get up and find them and ask them questions. If you just sit at your table and wait, you're going to starve.

So there's no way to say which is better for you without knowing your personality. I felt stifled and bored at an LAC, and I had a much better time constantly trying out new things at a university. Conversely, I had friends at Bryn Mawr who loved the feeling of being taken care of and knowing everyone, and would have been totally lost and lonely at a university.

所有跟帖: 

就象沃尔玛啥都有,有些人就显摆,偏去mall烧钱。 -renwukeren- 给 renwukeren 发送悄悄话 (41 bytes) () 12/31/2012 postreply 18:45:16

俺觉得还是drive through最好,于是有了函授大学。 -Francine- 给 Francine 发送悄悄话 Francine 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/31/2012 postreply 17:41:32

加一个LAC的校友录,一堆头衔,大家大概都没看上眼 -renwukeren- 给 renwukeren 发送悄悄话 (60 bytes) () 12/31/2012 postreply 18:05:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”