check capacitor first, fan motor second

来源: rx300 2014-07-28 07:47:13 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1386 bytes)
Please go there and check by yourself, and answer the following questions.
1. Does the compressor still run? Do you still hear the buzzing sound from the compressor? If so, that's good. That means everything else is OK. Pls check the dual ran capacitor. Chances are that the capacitor for the fan needs to be replaced. Note: Don't let the system run without the compressor fan. It will trigger thermal protection and shut down the compressor for hours. Get a garden hose and pour some water if the system doesn't turn on for diagnosis.

2. If the measured capacitance is within +/-15% of the nominal value, the compressor fan motor could be worn. You need to replace the fan motor. Motor itself is ~$150. You can do it yourself if you have the right tools, in particular the fan hub puller.

3. When the compressor fan stops, does forced air still come out of vents? If not, the root cause is not the compressor fan. Something else has shut down the whole system. I hope it's not this situation -- it can be complicated.

There is plenty of Grainger stores in your area. Just take the old capacitor to the store and ask the associates there to check it for you.

I mentioned a simple way to check the freon level in one of my previous post.

GLTY!

所有跟帖: 

凌志兄,你太给力啦。大谢! -baohulu- 给 baohulu 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 08:11:30

Pls check refrigerant level first -rx300- 给 rx300 发送悄悄话 (684 bytes) () 07/28/2014 postreply 09:05:47

停几个小时,又转的问题解决了,技师说 -大叶猴魁- 给 大叶猴魁 发送悄悄话 (145 bytes) () 07/29/2014 postreply 06:20:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”