Tax Tip: hire your children! Has anyone considered this?

来源: culvercity 2012-01-21 23:49:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2956 bytes)

12. Child labor

"It's always good to employ your kids," says Carter. Depending upon how much you paid them, they might be able to avoid income taxes. Plus, there is no Social Security tax when you hire your child who is 17 or younger and you can deduct the salary as a business expense. This break is available, however, only if you operate as a sole proprietor or as a partnership in which you and your spouse are the only partners. If your business runs as a corporation, then it, not you, are considered the employer and the corporation is not relieved of the tax liabilities.

Make the money go even further. Have your child contribute to a Roth IRA, says Carter. Not only have you gotten a nice tax deduction from the salary and trained your youngster to save, you've also help establish a nest egg for his or her future.

Read more: A dozen deductions for your small business http://www.bankrate.com/finance/money-guides/a-dozen-deductions-for-your-small-business-1.aspx#ixzz1kAfiNQLE

所有跟帖: 

Not very practical -Cupertino枇杷- 给 Cupertino枇杷 发送悄悄话 (458 bytes) () 01/23/2012 postreply 00:36:41

I think it is not worthy. I have pay my -meowi- 给 meowi 发送悄悄话 (212 bytes) () 01/23/2012 postreply 07:52:28

No social security if the S Corp pay her through you in subcontr -Cupertino枇杷- 给 Cupertino枇杷 发送悄悄话 (386 bytes) () 01/23/2012 postreply 09:16:59

Thanks. I afraid of IRS check on it too. -meowi- 给 meowi 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/23/2012 postreply 09:26:48

It is s corp pay her, not me. I get W-2 from s corp and -meowi- 给 meowi 发送悄悄话 (287 bytes) () 01/23/2012 postreply 09:32:11

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”