My experience to share

来源: IcyFlower 2005-02-03 11:34:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1470 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ IcyFlower ] 在 2005-02-04 13:33:33 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Hi,
The following is what I got from my own experience through the case between State vs. My ex-BF which has just got dismissed in NJ yesterday.
Hope it will help.

From your description, it seems that you are charged by police as a case of YOU vs. State.
If time permit, ask your wife to see the prosecutor or district attorney (in the municipal court or county court) to explain that your wife does not want to press charges against you. And if possible, she should minimize the severity of the accident. But keep in mind, she should not withdraw whatever she told to the police, or say anything conflicting with her initial testimony.

From your side, you should go to the court, and ask the judge for the Anger Management Counseling Program, just like you need a counselor to help you in anger management, marriage counseling, etc. With which the judge will carry-over the case in about 6 months or one year. During which you just participate the program, and your counselor will periodically write a letter to the court to confirm your participation of the counseling program, and confirm your improvement. When you finish the program, you will get a notice to go to the court again, then and there the Judge usually will dismiss the case, and no criminal record will be left.

Your attitude and behavior should be very important to affect the Judge or the prosecutor to make their decision. Draw attention to that!

Good luck.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”