Fancy Craft

I would like to present some craft projects of my own.
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
正文

Green Fringe Latin Dress: Remake

(2014-11-24 08:43:21) 下一个
I bought this dark green fringe dress from a store, thinking it would be a perfect choice for latin dance. To make it shine on the dance floor, I would like to add some sparkle and dazzle. Golden color/yellow color seem to be a good match for this dress. I made several alternation:
1. Shorten the strap, so it gave me a little more coverage on the top. Add golden strings to the strap, to give it more color and support.
2. Add a ring of yellow feather boa on the top. This really add the right amout of flare to the dress. However, in the future, I would remve it, so the dress can have a different look.
3. Add several golden-tone chain with little white pearls at the end. I origianlly intend this dress as a party dress, so that is the first look of the altered dress. For this dance event, I need more dazzles. So I changed the fake pearls into green/gold toned beads.
4. For the dance, I added a layer of dark-green sequine fabric to the bottom rim of the dress.
5. I also sewed on squared-beads to the dress. Since I did not have time to finish all the sewing before the dance, I skipped several spots. I got many compliments for the dress. And the squared beads look very nice in the picutre. So I will finish sewing the additional squared beads.

Next time, I will change this dress again!!! Do you know what I have in my mind? Take a guess? I have at least two options to go with. HAHA!!!

1. overall look DSC_2972

2. From the topDSC_2975

3. Bottom rim, I added dark-green sequin fabricDSC_2976

4. Sewed on beads. I like the geometric feeling of the beads.DSC_2978

5. The look of the dress when it is on the real person. showcaseNov2014_greenDress

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.