AP24的博客 - 人生感悟

我的新浪博客:http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/2184781394
个人资料
AP24 (热门博主)
  • 博客访问:
正文

劳工心脏手术的前前后后(17)

(2012-07-23 13:57:11) 下一个
21日星期一。我醒来后去LIVING ROOM的RECLINER CHECK LG。他半坐在那里,说,他脚肿了。我一看,他脚上的黄袜子没了,露着白白光光的两支肿脚。他接着说,我刚吃了两片利尿药(护士开的药量是一天一片,连吃7天)。我说,我得问医生,你不能随便改药量。。。给医院打电话,没找到DISCHARGE我们的护士,但得到了其他护士的ADVICE:脚肿是CIRCULATION的问题。因此,要把脚的高度抬到和心脏一样平,这样有助血液循环。我转告LG了。他照着做。

今天,LG坐到STUDY的COMPUTER前,给公司员工群发了封EMAIL。这是他手术后写的第一封EMAIL:

Hi Y'all,

I returned home yesterday afternoon. We got the house modified somewhat for my mobility needs. I shaved this morning for the first time in six days. That is a tremendous improvement believe me.

I will be doing minor walking exercises a couple of times a day. It is interesting that I can be sitting in a reclining type of chair and feeling fairly well but when I get up and I start to do something I tire quickly, a normal reaction after major chest surgery. Not much stamina back yet. I do not remember anything directly about the surgery but there are a lot of immediately post-op events I remember.

I will remain on calorie and diet restrictions for a couple of more weeks I expect.

That's all for now. I'm recovering according to plan. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Harvey

他不再需要我替他UPDATE他的情况。手术过后第6天他就开始BACK TO HIS LIFE了。随后,他回复了公司里的几个EMAILS。

在手术前就预料,LG术后在家恢复期,吃饭是个头痛的问题,因为我们平时经常在外面吃。很少在家做饭。要做也是做简单的。LG堂兄的继子是CHEF。他有一个BUSINESS专门给CUSTOMER做饭并把一个星期的饭一次性送货上门。他们跟我提了几次了,我就说好,用他的服务。于是,今天收到他送的饭(3餐饭,但够一个星期的量):

Smoked, Pulled Pork with Potato Salad and Baked Beans

Italian Grilled Chicken served with whole wheat fettuccini and green salad with ranch dressing

Beef soft tacos with Spanish rice and refried black beans with all sides

Snacks:

Double Fruit mostly melon.
Finer texture chicken salad

大盒小盒的一大堆,把我们的冰箱塞的满满的。他给我一个INSTRUCTION。我按INSTRUCTION配SAUCE,再加热一下。LG实际上吃不了几口。他虽然嗓子下咽饭不象在医院时那么痛了,但觉得累。消耗体力。

吃过晚饭,他要按他EMAIL里说的,今天开始去外面的SIDEWALK上进行走路练习。这时太阳快落山了,也不很热,我挽着他慢慢地在家们前的SIDEWALK上走。走走停停,走过几家邻居,再折回来。他的肺功能没有恢复,所以即使很慢地走,都要不时地停下来喘气。还拌有咳嗽。我说,Your lung loves your heart so much that it sacrificed itself to save heart. 他说,I love YOU。

(待续)

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (1)
评论
89MM 回复 悄悄话 很感动。。。
登录后才可评论.