I am shocked that someone with $8M is asking this kind of questi

来源: hhtt 2017-12-11 18:15:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1413 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ hhtt ] 在 2017-12-11 18:19:58 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Someone with $8M asset should know how to deal with the money unless her money came from dealing drugs, or robbing a bank, or inheritance, or some kind of luck.

From her post, I don't think that her money is coming from doing bad things and also is not from inheritance since her parents are living in the flat in Beijing.  My guess that she is lucky when she just invested in real estate after 08 crisis and bought a flat in Beijing 15 years ago.

To determine whether someone can or can't retire, we have to look at one's asset which does not include the primary residence since you need to live somewhere.  We are talking about the asset that can produce income.  

This lady has 2 primary residences, one is where she lives with her family in US and the other one is where her parents live in Beijing.  Let's assume that the two properties worth about $2M each with total value of $4M.  She has $4M left which could be income producing asset.  From her post, it does not look like that she has $4M income producing asset which could be fixed.  

The $4M asset can produce $160k annual income easily, this is based on investment 4% withdrawal rule which does not touch the principle at all.  If this $160k can replace her working income, then the answer is YES, she can leave the workforce.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!