来源: 863211 2017-12-29 15:55:53 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4225 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 863211 ] 在 2017-12-29 16:42:24 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

尊敬的老猫律师和有经验的网友 (申请  Advnaced Parole/Reentry Permit 的网友),大家好! 

我代表我的妹妹咨询一个关于 Advanced Parole/ Get a Reentry Permit 的问题。这两个术语, 我不知哪个 是符合我妹妹的情况。  事情是这样的: 

我的妹妹( 绿卡持有者) 两年前返回中国, 照顾年迈的父母, 哪知道她在中国把脚关节骨头给摔断了, 在中国做了大手术并接着康复, 手术出了感染的意外, 结果这两年的时间反复进出医院, 时间都用在治病上了, 妹妹昨天来电话说她的主治医生建议她在2018 年的一月上旬再做一个手术,取出钢板和钢钉, 问题来了: 她目前准备着按原定的计划返回美国(绿卡持有者在境外最多滞留两年, 她已经订好了一月底 返回美国的机票), 必须要在2月4 号以前返回美国。 由于这次突然安排的手术,  妹妹希望在这次手术后减少长途飞行, 手术后,能够在成都呆到三月份再回到美国, 请问她这种情况: 我妹妹是应该申请 Reentry Permi Date's Extension( 她目前的 Advanced Parole 要求她在2 月4 日之前返回美国)  or  a new Advanced Parole? 我妹妹目前人在成都。 
-She needs to come back to US to apply for reentry permit (not advance parole) if she plans to stay in China for > one year < two year. Reentry permit is for green card holders, and advance parole is for a non-immigrant who has pending I-485 (applicant for adjustment of status). Reentry permit normally is valid up to 2 years, and advance parole is valid for one year. Applicants for either one of them have to be physically in US to file I-131.

我( 本人在美国中部) 刚刚在美国移民局的网站看了看, 由于她人在美国境外( 四川成都), 好像她这种情况, 可以请家人代替她申请 ?
-No. She has to come back to US to file I-131, and she can leave US after conducting biometrics, not need to wait for application approval.  Then, you can receive it for her and mail it to her, or she can request USCIS to send it to the US Embassy/Consulate in China (address the request in I-131), then she can pick it up in the US Consulate in China.  She can request expedited processing for biometrics appointment for reentry permit application, and thus she can get the appointment notice in 10 to 14 days. Read this website for expedited processing for biometrics appointment:
http://www.familytousa.com/family-to-usa/2012/1/14/requesting-expedited-biometrics-appointment-for-re-entry-per.html

If she cannot come back to US before her current reentry permit expires (not advance parole as you said), her green card will be invalid (if she has been China for > one year continuously). But she can apply for SB-1 visa in the US Consulate in Guangzhou to reinstate her green card because her illness prevents her to come back to US in time. She needs to keep all of the evidences about her illness and treatments, such as the doctor's diagnosis, hospital bills, etc. if she plans to apply for SB-1 visa.

用medical condition 的原因? 妹妹的先生( 美国公民)目前在波士顿, 是否应该让他去波士顿的相关部门咨询一下呢? 他这个月底是计划飞回成都接我妹妹回美国的。结果又出了这么一个新情况( 妹妹需要一周后动骨科手术的情况)。

我不太明白法律的语言, 可能这个帖子中有的术语用得不精确, 我希望自己把这个情况给大家描述明白了。 谢谢大家 for any potential suggestions/ pointing us to the right way  .

顺祝大家新年安康 !

所有跟帖: 

八律师,谢谢您详尽而专业的回复( 见内) -苏梅- 给 苏梅 发送悄悄话 (823 bytes) () 12/29/2017 postreply 16:32:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”