I went to the store

来源: 老婆被控 2003-09-04 13:16:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1351 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 老婆被控 ] 在 2004-02-03 07:43:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
since my wife can't get in, I talked with the manager. He said since he chose not to call the police the other day, my wife will not be arrested and put in jail.
For the side of civil law, the store will send her a letter asking her to pay some money in about 2 weeks. If she pays the money, the civil side will be settled. If she doesn't pay, the store will sue her in a CIVIL court.
For the side of criminal law, the store has filed a charge to the city we live in, from now on it's the District Attorney who will decide whether s/he prosecute my wife or not, the store has no longer any control in this domain. Since the hairclip found on my wife's sweater is of small value (<$20), the storemanager said the District Attorney will probably not make it a case. But that's only his guess. If the DA makes it a case, my wife will be summoned to the City Court.
Our decision for now is to wait for the civil demand. My wife is so scared she wants to pay the store back, and the best outcome is that the DA drops the case from his/her side. If the DA does prosecute her, we'll find a lawyer then.
Hope it helps. Another thing, check the law of your state, it's different from place to place. Theft is treated differently on whether it's >300 or <300 here, but for some states the line is 200, or 500, or other.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”