continued..

来源: NYSHAMU 2014-01-09 01:39:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2211 bytes)
回答: 房子出租碰到的麻烦事.NYSHAMU2014-01-09 01:15:59
sorry that my pc messed up, I can not input anything in Chinese.

We contacted the condo board and provided our finding. We defended our tenant and request the board not to projecting her in such a way, especially considering that she is a young female, it is not fair to imply her as a prostitute without any factual evidence. We also remind the board that the tenant has her right to have visitor and have her quite enjoyment in the unit, as these are protected by the law.

To our surprise, the manager of the board disregarded our response and went ahead issuing a letter to our tenant requesting her for a written explanation about the source of visitor and reason of visiting. And he sort of threatened her that the building would implement a visitor-sign-in system to prevent any improper conduct in the unit. 

Our tenant was offended by this letter and called to request termination of lease. She feels that she is targeted by the building management and it makes her very uncomfortable. She also stated that she does not want to disclose her visitor's identification.

We fought for her with the board. We also felt that the tenant is being discriminated by the building as she is a new immigrant from China. The existing residents of the building are mainly  those typical middle class working family in US. Unfortunately the board denied that they had done anything wrong and insist that the tenant is a high risk individual to the building, without any factual evidence. The manager also stated that by the condo book, they have all the power to do so.

I wonder if their action has constitute any kind of discrimination under the tenant law? in the event that we did lose our tenant, should we hold the building liable as they unfairly treated our tenant and caused the termination? And if the tenant insisted to move out before the lease expired, what right do we have to reduce the financial damage? should we at least to hold the deposit? I don't want to make it hard to her but it is also not fair to us as we are not the one created the trouble. Thanks.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”