About EI and CPP for short term employee type of contract

来源: TelecomGuy 2009-06-25 17:26:19 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1993 bytes)
Hello, my friends

I have been working as an independent contractor (incorporate type) for a big telecom company A for years. Current contract ends at the end of June. Due to current economic situation, company can not extend my contract.

Luckily enough, I found another short term contract starting from July in other big name company B for 6 to 9 months.

B gives me offer as temparary short term employee type of contractor (I was hoping to be incorporate, but no luck). So I will be on B's payroll for several months (6 to 9 months). Here comes the question of EI and CPP.(more interested in EI, because it may give me option of getting EI from givernment in case new contract can not be linked after B)

The offer only mentioned rate by hour, didn't say how Company B deals with EI and CPP. First of all, I like this offer because there will be hundreds of experienced telecom workers/professionals to be laid off in 2nd half of the year in our city.

After I asked B about EI and CPP, B replied to me they will pay half of CPP contribution for me. This makes sense that in the previous days when I operate contract as incorporate basis, I make my inc. to pay my salary with double pay of CPP from my inc.'s account. B didn't mentioned EI.

One thing not sure is EI, I heard some people here manage to let hiring company to pay EI insurnace beyond contract rate. I don't have this concern, because amount EI deducted is small portion of my rate. I just want to make sure I can collect EI after the end of contract in case I can not find any new job or contract.

- Do you think I will or may have the chance to collect EI after the end of this short term employee type of contract if EI insurance deducted from my rate?
- If B did not intent paying EI deduction beyond rate, could I ask them to deduct EI from my rate and payroll? In such case, can I be entitled to get EI after contract finishes?

Thanks for any advice.

所有跟帖: 

回复:About EI and CPP for short term employee type of contract -HappyNow?!- 给 HappyNow?! 发送悄悄话 HappyNow?! 的博客首页 (1190 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 18:16:45

回复:回复:About EI and CPP for short term employee type of contract -TelecomGuy- 给 TelecomGuy 发送悄悄话 (569 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 18:40:07

回复:回复:回复:About EI and CPP for short term employee type of contra -HappyNow?!- 给 HappyNow?! 发送悄悄话 HappyNow?! 的博客首页 (849 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 19:02:27

correction -卷心菜牙- 给 卷心菜牙 发送悄悄话 卷心菜牙 的博客首页 (114 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 19:43:11

回复:correction: right, thank you! -HappyNow?!- 给 HappyNow?! 发送悄悄话 HappyNow?! 的博客首页 (46 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 19:47:53

回复:About EI and CPP for short term employee type of contract -卷心菜牙- 给 卷心菜牙 发送悄悄话 卷心菜牙 的博客首页 (480 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 19:49:37

FYI - link -卷心菜牙- 给 卷心菜牙 发送悄悄话 卷心菜牙 的博客首页 (55 bytes) () 06/25/2009 postreply 19:51:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!