少见多怪

来源: 日理万机 2013-10-07 17:07:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4419 bytes)
回答: 写此文的人简直是扯蛋bmwfan20122013-10-07 16:44:37

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213194600AAb8HP3

I was involved in an auto accident while driving my 2007 SUV that had about 5000 miles on it. All side airbags were deployed, the vehicle almost rolled and the damage is substantial. I was told by the wrecker driver and the owner of the body shop where the car was towed that because the car had such low miles, the insurance company may decide to fix it instead of totaling it out. I don't WANT the car repaired if the only thing that keeps it from being totalled is the fact that it had low mileage. With such major damage the car will be worthless to me if I ever decide to sell or trade it in. Do I have any recourse with the insurance company?

Follow
Watchlist
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sorry, you've reached your daily answering limit. Unfortunately you can only answer 0 questions per day.

Best AnswerVoter's Choice

Most states have laws that require insurance companies to total out vehicles if the damages are in excess of a certain percentage of the value (also called ACV - Actual Cash Value).

The percentage will be 70 to 80% depending on your state. If the damages are in excess of that percentage then the company has no choice but to total the car.

Conversely, if the damages are less than the percentage then they have to repair the car.

I'm sorry but the fact that you don't want the vehicle back won't have any legal bearing on what happens here.

The vehicle would not be worthless if you decide to trade/sell it later. There is no question the value will take a hit but it won't be worthless. Thousands of vehicles that have been in accidents are sold every day, most with the disclosure that it has been damaged previously.

You can try to see if your states Insurance Commissioner will help you, but I can tell you from previous experience that they won't do a thing. Their office can also confirm what the percentage is in your state that makes a vehicle a total loss.

Not that it will make much of a difference to you, but I always buy totaled out cars and have them rebuilt and have never had a problem. I sent both my kids off to college in rebuilt totaled out cars and they never had any trouble.

Good Luck.

所有跟帖: 

这文该不是你写的吧,哈哈 -bmwfan2012- 给 bmwfan2012 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/07/2013 postreply 17:09:39

Google 一把你会发现好多例子 -日理万机- 给 日理万机 发送悄悄话 (78 bytes) () 10/07/2013 postreply 17:18:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”